Online casinos and scammers. How casino players are scammed
Casino players are often the victims of scams, whether through fake online casinos or other methods. Here we will discuss some of the most common ways casino players are scammed, as well as how to protect yourself from becoming a victim. Keep reading to find out more!
Common types of online gambling scams:
- Online casino scams are unfortunately all too common in the world of online gambling. There are many scam casinos that want to take advantage of unsuspecting players and it is important to be aware of them so as not to become a victim.
- Multi-Account Fraud: This is the cornerstone on which many gambling attacks are built. Fraudsters create dozens, even hundreds of accounts using fake credentials to tip the scales in their favor online. They are used to facilitate circuits such as the following.
- Bonus Abuse: Numerous fake accounts benefit from new signup bonuses, coupons and other attractive offers. While these promotions are a great way to attract new players, they can quickly lead to your platform running at a loss if you give away too many of them.
- Gnoming: Using multiple accounts to help one player win. Other accounts are used for intentional head-to-head losses, so all winnings and bonuses associated with this can be claimed. This is a common thing, for example, in poker.
- Chip Dumping: Another scam at the poker table. As with gnoming, the idea is to force multiple accounts to join the same table in order to cheat the system and influence the results for or against one particular player.
Then there are payment attacks. Because they require deposits and withdrawals before you can play, online casinos and gaming platforms are essentially digital wallets, so processing payments also means potential losses.
Stolen credit cards. Fraudsters can use stolen card details to fund their account, which means using illegal money to get real winnings.
Chargebacks: After someone has already used the stolen credit on your platform, the rightful cardholder will most likely realize what happened and request a chargeback from their bank or credit card provider. Unfortunately, this means that they will receive a refund from the gambling operator and also incur some processing costs to add insult to injury.
Abuse of replenishment of the phone account. If your online casino offers phone top-ups, scammers can trick victims into topping up their accounts. This is based on standard social engineering and phishing techniques targeting unsuspecting users and inviting them to make a phone payment. The payment goes directly to the scammer’s iGaming account.
How to protect yourself from fraud?
With the rise in popularity of online casinos, the number of scams and scams has also increased. Scammers are always looking for ways to scam players and online casinos are no exception. There are a few things you can do to protect yourself from scammers when playing at an online casino:
1. Do your research. Before you sign up for an online casino, be sure to do your research. Read the reviews and check the reputation of the casino. There are many reputable online casinos, but there are also many scams. If you are unsure about a casino, it is best to stay away.
2. Be careful with bonuses and promotions. Many scammers offer players bonuses and promotions that are too good to be true. Be sure to read the terms and conditions of any bonus or promotion before accepting it. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
3. Keep your personal information safe. When creating an online casino account, be sure to use a strong password and never share your personal information with anyone. Your personal information should always be safe.
4. Beware of fake reviews. Many scammers create fake reviews to lure players into registering with their casino. Be sure to read reviews only from reliable sources.
5. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably doesn’t. Trust your gut. If you have any doubts about online casinos, it is best to stay away.
By following these tips, you will be able to protect yourself from scammers and fraudulent activities when playing at an online casino. Be sure to do your research and be careful.